Wednesday 8 June 2016

Stop the world, I want to get off!

The first week of June - gone! And not a blog post to show for it, all because I'm spectacularly busy at the moment with preparations for our church Flower Festival in August, a family holiday some time in July, Charnwood 2016 and a weekend with my old uni friends. Let's take 'em in turn...

The Flower Festival. I have still to create my final design plans for the three different hymns I'm representing. I'm trying to do something a bit modern for the entrance, which has meant poring over the internet for the mechanics I need to make it happen. Finally found them, but I'm still not sure I've got things clear in my head. I also take responsibility for producing the programme, so I've been typing up various hymns...

Family holiday. The Squidges are going sailing! Abroad! On a proper sail boat that we learn how to be crew for! Both Squidges Jnr and Most Jnr have been on a sailing course with Scouting, and Mr Squidge used to windsurf so they've all got a bit of an idea what's expected. Me? I've done nothing. Methinks my idea of lying about on deck, sunbathing, while the rest of the family make the boat go, is a bit of a dream...

Charnwood 2016. This is Leicestershire Guiding and Scouting's International camp, held once every five years. I've been to every one since the age of 12 (2001 was a brief visit rather than camping, as T was only two weeks old at the time; he'd arrived early!) I'm on the faith team this year, so I have been sourcing simple liturgies for morning and evening prayers, making special faith team neckers to identify us, preparing mountboards to be decorated during camp, and filling in endless forms...

Reunion. It's quite a few years since we all got together, and we're off to Banbury for a couple of days of prosecco, nibbles and catching up! So there are a few foody items to purchase before I go, clothes to pack (wouldn't you know that this glorious weather isn't going to last for us?), and the family to organise in my absence.

You will notice that there's nothing about writing here at all. I'm still in a bit of a dry spell and wordless when it comes to stories, and we're still waiting for the paperback of StarMark to hit the shelves in the UK. The good news is, the paperback's out in the US and it has been selling, so fingers crossed it will be a similar story on this side of the pond.

I also have a couple of knitting projects to finish for friends' babies...a hexie quilt to complete...the ironing pile to tackle...an author page to set up for Amazon US...and everything 'normal' and 'routine' to do in the house.

Maybe things'll ease off around October?

No comments:

Post a Comment