Saturday 30 April 2016

Antici-Pation!

Yes, it's a long shot you might twig that the title's linked to my favourite musical theatre show of all time - The Rocky Horror Show - but I'm definitely feeling it. Anticipation, I mean.

The Scribbles have been quiet of late, because I've been working hard on my rainbow quilt (there will be an update in the next few days), I've not felt much like writing (although I've started to play with Rurik again) and I've just been living an ordinary life that's not worth blogging about. (Unless you really wanted to hear how many loads of washing I've done or how many times I've hoovered/cooked dinner/tidied up... No? Didn't think so.)

Actually, I think the quilting binge I'm experiencing is actually some kind of displacement tactic. StarMark is due to be published TOMORROW and there's nothing I can do to make sure it reaches that deadline.



There's a weird mix of nerves, disbelief and a tinge of excitement in me; I can't let myself get too excited in case there's a last minute hitch and StarMark doesn't hit the shelves on time. Am I being pessimistic? Probably - the book is in good hands with Bink, who are very experienced publishers.

In the meantime, I'm stuck in this...limbo. Waiting for something to happen that I have no control over. A bit like being at the airport when there's a delay, or in a traffic jam. You can see the end result, but you can't do anything to make it happen any faster.

Just going to have to grin and bear it...and hand quilt a few more squares to pass the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment