Wednesday 10 June 2015

June - a funny month

There's something about June...I generally seem to have a bit of downer during it. (I have the same kind of moment in September (when we go back to school and the relaxed holiday pace disappears *pooof!*) and late November/early December, in the usual pre-Christmas panic.)

I don't know why it gets to me so much, especially when you consider it's my birthday month and this year there are quite a few other Good Things happening:

The last few GCSE exams.

Several musical concerts.

Any day now, things will start moving on StarMark.

Mr Squidge is away on the Coast to Coast.

It's my birthday - which I'm postponing as no-one's around to celebrate it with me.

I'm doing a photo shoot for Naturalistas. (a project run by the very lovely and talented Vanessa Mills)

Awards Evening for T.

Prom Night for J.

School fair and Granny Rainbow stall.

But if these are all Good Things - why do I feel so bleurgh? Is it just that June seems to be that point in the year when everything gets super busy at school and everyone starts to think about the summer holidays? It almost feels like we crank up several gears before winding down again over the long summer break.

Whatever the cause of the bleurgh, I shall keep smiling. And looking forward to July...

2 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I feel quite bleurgh too. I think it's the fact that we're halfway through the year and - potentially - realising that things haven't changed as much in 2015 as we had hoped. Kinda like how Wednesday is the worst day of the week - too far from either weekend to perk us up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could well be right, Martin - the older I get, the more I have a sense of time passing me by, which seems to make these kind of moments even more bleurgh!

      Delete