Friday 22 August 2014

And Monkey came too...

Remember I mentioned a photoshoot, earlier in the week? Well...been and done it!

Nathan, fellow writer and producer, met me at the station as promised and whisked me off in a taxi because I was late arriving (emergency signalling work on the train lines). Pamela Raith, the photographer, was already at the pub; I was glad to see a distinct lack of photographic paraphernalia like wind machines and light reflecting umbrellas and background screens etc etc. Just a bloomin' big camera with a lens THIS big. *holds hands out as far as they'll go* Well that's how big it felt when it was pointing at me, anyway.

Before we started, Pam showed me some pics of the KLiC authors who'd already been photographed - and they were flippin' brilliant! All very individual - you could almost see the personality oozing out of the pic. So I was fairly confident that Ruth'd be able to make a silk purse out of this particular sow's ear...

It was great fun actually taking the photos - we had a lot of laughs and the finished pics (when I wasn't blinking) were really natural and very 'me'. I think I'd rather be a writer than a model though.

I took Monkey along with me, as my nod to the Blue Monkey Brewery. Their Loughborough pub, The Organ Grinder, is where my story for the anthology is set. We sat Monkey on the table for the photos, next to my cider.

In jest, I suggested we ought to get him a drink too. Cue shot glass filled with the same tipple...


The final author pic might just possibly be the one where Monkey and I are chinking glasses...

If you want to find out exactly how Monkey features in Moon Rocks, why not put the 18th September in your diary? That's one of two KLiCbait launch parties, where I'll be reading an extract of my story at The Parcel Yard, (right next door to the rail station) in Leicester. There's an earlier launch on the 10th at the Western - both pubs are run by the same brewery and they're brewing us our own KLiC beer so we can celebrate in style.

Would be great to see you there...and maybe you can Monkey a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment