Saturday 13 July 2013

One down, four to go.

If you remember reading this recent blog, then I've completed one of the goals already.

I pressed the button; Rurik is winging his way through the electronic ether to an agent. I am sitting here wondering what the heck I've done - was he really ready for that again?

The pessimist me is saying 'They'll think it's rubbish!'

The sensible me is saying 'What's the worst that can happen? A form rejection, sent very quickly - so what? You've had them before, but for writing that was nowhere near the quality of the current stuff. You might get some feedback if you're lucky - a line or two saying something nice, even if they don't want to see more. There is always the possibility that they ask to see the rest of the manuscript, in which case, you'd best get those last couple of scenes kicked into order, pronto. And even if, after all that, they still say 'no ta', there are other agents and indie publishers to try - don't lose heart.'

The dreamer and fantasist that lurks behind most of my stories is lying on the sofa, eating chocolate, drinking champagne and telling me 'Darling! They'll love it and have a publisher lined up by next Friday! Film rights to follow!'

Hmm. Well, I've had too much good feedback on this story to believe it's rubbish and I don't particularly like chocolate, so I'm listening to Mrs Sensible...



No comments:

Post a Comment