Wednesday 17 July 2013

Blogging stats.

I am taking part in the ultimate blog challenge, and am determined not to miss a single day in July. However, today is the closest I've got to doing that, having spent the afternoon at the hospital with my son while the doctors tried to work out why he had severe stomach pains. Fortunately, T is OK, though extremely tired and very tender from being poked in the tummy by so many different people in such a short space of time.

Anyway - today's blog is on something I'm finding rather fascinating; who logs onto this blog.

Fellow bloggers will know that you can watch your stats, finding out where readers are logging on from, what countries they're in, which search engine they're using, even the time when they view the blog.

 It is amazing and quite humbling to know that my words are being read, quite literally, all over the world. Well - I hope they're being read. Perhaps a few folk drop in on the off-chance and decide they're in completely the wrong place, or that I'm talking a lot of tosh and they'll never come back again...but I suppose, like most bloggers, I'm hoping they find something they want to bother with. I certainly have no idea whether 1000+ page views in 3 weeks is a good or bad thing.

What I enjoy seeing most is the variety of countries who visit. (Ha! Imagine that - a whole country visiting my blog!) I'm a little disappointed to only be able to see the 'top ten' because very quickly the interesting ones disappear. All countries are interesting of course, but I sort of took it for granted that I'd get hits from Europe and the US. What I didn't expect was a sudden rush from Russia, a visit from Venezuela or a mooch from Mexico. I was delighted to see Quatar, Israel, and Oz - though in most cases their single-digit visits disappear really quickly from my limited stats list and are lost to the mists of time.

I wish the stats for 'all-time' really were that; I would celebrate every single visit and hope not to miss anywhere else interesting...



No comments:

Post a Comment